11/20/2005

Mass (a musical weekend)

It's not like I'm normally given to poetry or song. I'm very analytical, technical, and logical. Creative license has not often been my thing.

But this weekend, when I've set my mind to write about the Mass, words fail me. Essays don't seem to do this subject justice. When I sit down to write about this subject, all that springs to mind is song, joyful song. And though I risk losing face and being ridiculed for my inadequate lyrics, pentameter, whatever, I write these songs down anyway. Because after all, this is a journal more than a blog, and if you happen to be reading, well, remember that you're spying on an unfiltered mind.


Chants
Reverence
Wisdom
Presence

On my knees
On my feet
Sitting in my seat
Leaning forward just to hear

Your Word
Read aloud
For us to listen
while the stained glass windows glisten

And there
You are
Your blood
Your body, set before us now

What have
we done
To render ourselves
Worthy of this cause?

Thank you Jesus
For your sacrifice
And for Eternal Life

Thank you for your mercy boundless . . .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe me, you do not have to worry about meter or rhyme when you can write verse as touching and heartfelt as this!

11/21/2005 07:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful words!!! I am so amazed at the transformation that has taken place in you! I must admit that I used to cringe when I saw your name pop up on a controversial thread about the RCC but now...I can't wait to see what you will write next and how beautifully you defend the RC faith! What will the RCC look like in 25 yrs with all of the on-fire-for-Jesus converts that are coming Home?!? This is soo exciting!!! :) RoaminCatholic<><

11/21/2005 11:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, heartfelt, powerful words!

11/22/2005 09:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home