2/07/2008

Where I've Been

So, it's been almost a year since I have regularly blogged here. What happened?

Life happened. We were trying for a baby. I finally got pregnant. Had a difficult pregnancy and preterm labor, and wound up on bedrest. None of the drugs they tried to keep the baby inside had the desired effect, and little boy #2 was born November 4, 2007, six weeks earlier than originally forecast. By the grace of God and thanks to many, many Memorares said for our little one, our baby is fine. He never needed oxygen, tube feeding or any other major intervention. Even the kidney problems that had shown up on ultrasound throughout the last half of the pregnancy miraculously vanished. Prayer is amazingly powerful.

I did not fare so well. I'll spare the gory details, but suffice it to say that the emergency C-section did not go well for me. I had a couple one-in-several-thousand complications/mistakes happen and ended up needing quite a bit of surgery before they could close me up. I didn't see my baby for twelve hours after he was born, not because HE was too sick, but because I was still recovering myself.

Anyway, the good news is that I'm okay now. Baby #2 is 13.5 weeks old. He was baptized a couple of weeks ago -- a most joyous occasion. He is a ray of sunshine, so sweet, happy, precious and cuddly. Our home is happy.

I'm also coordinating and sometimes teaching RCIA this year, which has kept me busy on top of everything else. More about that later, the baby is crying.

Anyway, this should explain why I've been MIA from the blogosphere for a while ... stay tuned, though, because I'm coming back.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sister Spitfire said...

Bless BOTH of you!! I've still been praying Memorares for your little one and I am so glad to hear that the kidney problems cleared up.

I am so sorry to hear about your c-section complications. It's hard enough to recover from an uncomplicated one (BTDT). Sleep well!!

2/07/2008 03:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home