6/22/2006

Wow. Just wow.

The Episcopal Church (ECUSA) votes against upholding the uniqueness of Christ, equates orthodox Christianity with Nazism. Must be read to be believed.

I pray for the faithful within the ECUSA, that they would come out from under her. I hope they know they're always welcome in the Catholic Church, and that we have Anglican Rite churches for those who are irreversibly attached to that Old English style. Come, my brothers and sisters, jump into the Tiber River, the water is just fine. It's not nearly as deep and scary as it looks from that side.

But frankly, I have to say that even a separate Anglican communion that proclaims salvation through Christ would be a step up from the mess that is currently Episcopalianism in America. At least then we'd have something to discuss. As it is, the church of my Baptism is dead to Christ and dead to me. Forgive them, Father, even though (and especially because) they know EXACTLY what they do. Only an extraordinary act of Your mercy can save them now.

"O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy."

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw your comment on my blog, I hoped you had posted something new on yours and then to find that you had addressed the ECUSA issue... well, it was worth the wait! I have been watching this unfold for the last few days and the mourning in my soul has run deeper each day. I am with you on this, all the way... Went so far as to use the words 'apostate and heretical' on LLL. (We sure miss you in there btw...) I join my prayers to yours, while opening my arms and heart to any who may choose to come 'Home to Rome' as a result of these events.

6/22/2006 08:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you read TEC also just elected a new bishop who is pro-gay? Imagine. I mean, could the bible be any clearer on that? Combining the new pro-gay bishop with the article you linked to, they might as well just replace the cross with a pentagram.

6/23/2006 09:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home