10/25/2005

We had a talk

The baby is wreaking havoc in the living room, so I'll make this quick (yes, I know I said "naptimes and after dinner" -- forgive me). I talked to my husband last night, and it seems like the best course of action for now is for me to attend a weeknight communion service at the neighborhood Lutheran church (Jezebel notwithstanding) and we will begin a new search for a church together on Sunday mornings.

It's a compromise, but one I'm more than willing to live with. I was feeling very convicted yesterday when some dear sisters in Christ gently suggested that he might feel a tad bewildered and left out by my charging full speed ahead in a new spiritual direction. I was making decisions for our family that I had no business making, and for that I have been duly chastened.

I will write a nice letter to the vicar of the Anglican church I've been attending. If he's worth his salt as a pastor and man of God, he'll understand. Maybe we'll still end up attending there, I don't know. But God will have to lead my husband there. It's His job to lead my husband, not mine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Kirsten,

God bless you! I know how hard that had to be... I remember when God convicted ME of going full bore ahead and not following the spiritual leadership of my husband... I was wretched for a time until He began to move my HEART to keep up with where He was moving my BODY. I will be praying that He leads you and your dh to where He wants you to be, and that He work in your heart so that you will KNOW it and be ready for whatever that may bring!

10/25/2005 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger C.C. said...

Thank you for your prayers!

10/25/2005 08:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a wise woman to give your husband the spiritual leadership of your family! It's so hard to be patient and wait on God's timing. But he has a plan for you and your family! Pray together for it and God will reveal it in his perfect timing!


Dixie

10/27/2005 08:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home